Welcome to the
The Rideau Hall Foundation gathers, aligns and catalyzes ideas, people and resources to move the Canadian spirit and our shared aspirations forward.
As an independent, non-political charity, the Foundation works closely with the Governor General and many external partners to support initiatives that build our identity, build capacity and promote the advancement of a caring nation.
- It reflects the Governor General’s interest in helping individuals and organizations to achieve their aspirations for Canada, a country with extraordinary potential.
- It was influenced by a desire to foster Canadian values and identity by utilizing the unique leadership role which Governors General can play in helping marshal the talent, energy, and resources of the country.
- And it was seen as a central ingredient in the evolution and modernization of the Office of the Governor General by helping that office pursue its vital mandate to connect, honour, and inspire Canadians.
My Giving Moment
My Giving Moment (MGM) is a broad ecosystem of relationships, activities and partners that aims to widen the circle of giving in Canada. It includes elements of social marketing, thought leadership and convening activities, which are advanced through the collaboration across the nexus, multiple corporate partners, an evolving mix of media partners, and extensive participation by third sector organizations.
It’s a fact. Giving feels good. Whether you give a little or give a lot, the results are the same: feeling awesome. Find your giving moment at mygivingmoment.ca.
The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships
The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships aim to activate a dynamic community of young global leaders across the Commonwealth to create lasting impacts both at home and abroad through inter-cultural exchanges encompassing international education, discovery and inquiry, and professional experiences.
Students selected for the scholarship program will engage with communities across the Commonwealth, learn about cultures and create projects and actions that impact the world. They will join a global community of Queen Elizabeth Scholars to share knowledge, exchange ideas, and collaborate on meaningful initiatives.
Learn about a new contribution from IDRC that will expand the scope and reach of the Queen Elizabeth Scholars program.
The Governor General’s Innovation Awards
The Rideau Hall Foundation is a proud founding partner of The Governor General’s Innovation Awards.
The Governor General’s Innovation Awards have the following objectives:
- Celebrate excellence in innovation across all sectors of Canadian society
- Inspire Canadians, particularly Canadian youth, to be entrepreneurial innovators
- Foster an active culture of innovation that has a meaningful impact on our lives
Enhancing Indigenous Education Through Co-Creation
Enhancing Indigenous Education Through Co-Creation is a national initiative, convening two gatherings driven by the principles of:
- Co-creation and collaboration
- Walking together in good and honourable ways
- Incorporating traditional Indigenous world views, perspectives, and processes
- Engaging youth voice, experience and expertise
For more information, or for youth to apply to attend The Gathering of Youth Wisdom (taking place May 27th – May 30th) visit https://3things.ca/enhancing-indigenous-education-co-creation/.
These activities are a glimpse into the work of the Rideau Hall Foundation. We look forward to sharing additional initiatives and details as the Foundation evolves and mobilizes partners across the themes of giving, innovation, learning and leadership.