Eight new board members join the Rideau Hall Foundation
The Rideau Hall Foundation (RHF) is delighted to welcome to its board of directors eight new members who will help shape the direction and increase the nation-building impact of the RHF’s work.
These eight outstanding Canadians are all leaders in their fields, each with a deep commitment to building a better and stronger Canada. We look forward to working together to shine a light on Canadian excellence and to foster the conditions for more Canadians to succeed and thrive to their fullest potential.
The Rideau Hall Foundation is an independent and non-political charitable organization established to mobilize ideas, people, and resources across the country to tap into our national spirit and help realize our shared aspirations. Founded by Canada’s 28th Governor General of Canada the Right Honourable David Johnston, the RHF works towards building a better Canada through four key programmatic areas: learning, leadership, innovation, and giving.
The new board members were voted in recently during the RHF’s Annual General Meeting in Ottawa. They are:
- Zeba Ahmad, Executive Director of the Saskatoon Public Schools Foundation, and Consultant Public Relations for NexGen Energy;
- Elizabeth Cannon, OC, President Emerita of the University of Calgary;
- Charmaine Crooks, CM, Olympian, President NGU Consultants Inc.
- Paul Davidson, President of Universities Canada;
- Dalton McGuinty, former Premier of Ontario, senior advisor, corporate director, and university fellow;
- Sanford (Sandy) Riley, President and CEO of Richardson Financial Group Limited;
- Deep Saini, President and Vice-Chancellor of Dalhousie University; and
- Stephen Wallace, former Secretary to the Governor General of Canada and currently an advisor to government, commercial corporations and charitable organizations.
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank our outgoing board members for their years of service and leadership:
- Amit Chakma, 2016-2020
- Monique Leroux, 2014-2020
- Frank Rochon, 2014-2020
- Khalil Shariff, 2014-2020
- Victor Thomas, 2014-2020
- Marie Wilson, 2014-2020
To stay up-to-date on all RHF activities, please subscribe to our newsletter at www.rhf-frh.ca.
Very best wishes,
President and CEO